This concept is a long way from the discussion of what a big waste of time Twitter, Facebook, and other like social networks are…the third time in less than a weak I have come across discussions of social selling.
Sales is inherently about relationships, building trust, and referrals. Sound familiar to following, friending, and retweeting? It was only a matter of time before social media became a sales tool.
Social networking will become a natural part of CRM software, and faster than most think. Not because people like Salesforce.com are sticking it into their software. No, simply because that is the why consumers are shifting how they communicate online and because consumers want to be contacted in this way.
If you are in sales, it is time to get your social CRM and start social selling.
Here are some starter moves:
- Get on Twitter and Facebook–build an audience
- Be natural. This attracts people that will want to buy from you
- Monitor and be responsive to requests you can help with
- Get all your existing clients into your social network
What else should the new class of social sales people be doing?
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Future of Twitter: Social CRM (Jeremiah Owyang/Web Strategy) (techmeme.com)
- Customer Service is the New PR (micropersuasion.com)
- Salesforce.com Adds Twitter Analytics to CRM Offering (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Top Marketing Geeks Make Their Predictions for 2009 (readwriteweb.com)
- The Future of Twitter: Social CRM (web-strategist.com)